Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pictures ~ FINALLY

Hi all! I wanted to share a few pictures from my trip with my mom to the Quilt Odyssey at the Hershey Convention Center. The pictures are scanned so they might not be the best quality. This was her birthday present from me. It's so hard to shop for her since she buys everything she wants. I figured this would be a neat surprise and chance to get away! We took a class on paper piecing a Compass Star with Carol Doak. Here's a picture of mom and I sewing.
Here's a pic of us with her (her being Carol Doak) and our blocks. I only got 1/2 done (green and brown) and even though I had to straighten out mom on the how to's (she even had to start over once) she got her whole block (black and pastels) done because she's such a fast sewer!
We weren't the only mother daughter pair there. I was definitely the youngest, but not the least experienced...I had to actually get my mom back on track a few times...the actual quilt show was pretty impressive. We took a lot of pictures of interesting quilts. Check this one out, it's one of my favorites...can you guess why?
It says: "Yesterday I was a dog. Today I am a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh. There's so little hope for advancement."

We had a nice mother daughter weekend and went shopping in Lancaster too! This is a picture of the sign for probably the biggest fabric shop around...it's a bolt of fabric, cute huh? One last pic before leaving the show...
That's all for today...it may be a little while till I post again. I have 3 days (starting tomorrow) to get a classroom ready for next week!
Where's your babble? Post it!
Later Taters,
Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey for a wonderful weekend and Birthday gift. The pics are too cute! We do enjoy some of the same thing. Love ya! Mom